Subject: bug#66508: 30.0.50; Emacs Android port crashes due to link error when build with libxml2 and ImageMagick7

From: Takesi Ayanokoji <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 07:16:56 +0900

Hello, Po-san.

I build Emacs with ImageMagick7 Only.

In this build, I made some modifications to java/INSTALL, bellow .

1. Remove unnecessary hunks
 due to #66506.

2. Add LOCAL_SHARED_LIBRARIES libstdc++ to make/libmagickwand-7.mk
 to avoid Emacs crash(see attachment).

3. Fix typo in original source
 change "echo." to "echo".

In report-emacs-bug(see attachment), it configured with libxml2, but in the
apk's lib/ there is not libxml2.so.

(In the build log, libxml2 was build as static library).

Build script:
https://github.com/ayatakesi/my-emacs/actions/runs/7494305673/workflow

Build log(4MB archived log):
https://github.com/ayatakesi/my-emacs/suites/19718814430/logs?attempt=1

Thanks,

2024年1月11日(木) 午前10:29 Po Lu <[email-masked]>:

> Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > Po Lu, could you take a look at this one?  Thanks in advance.
>
> If I'm not mistaken, the ImageMagick repository provides its own copy of
> libxml2 with dependencies that conflict with those users are directed to
> install in java/INSTALL.  Ayanokoji-san, is Emacs compatible with
> ImageMagick's libxml2?  (This can be established by verifying that Emacs
> continues to detect libxml2 and build after removing the standard
> libxml2 from --with-ndk-path.)
>