Subject: bug#66501: 29.1; gnus-home-directory

From: Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 09:46:10 -0700

Deepak Negi <[email-masked]> writes:

> Gnus email client doesn't storing "Mail News and newsrc-dribble" in
> user-emacs-directory, which is "~/.config/emacs/" in my case.
> even i have setup   "(setq gnus-home-directory (expand-file-name "gnus/" user-emacs-directory))"
> and created that directory there myself.

Try also setting `gnus-directory' to that same path or something inside
it.

If that isn't sufficient, this is what I had to do in gnus-mock to make
sure absolutely all Gnus-related everything went in the same directory:

(setq some-directory "~/.config/emacs/gnus"
      gnus-home-directory some-directory
      gnus-directory (expand-file-name "News/" some-directory)
      message-directory some-directory
      gnus-startup-file (expand-file-name ".newsrc" some-directory)
      gnus-init-file (expand-file-name ".gnus.el" some-directory)
      nndraft-directory (expand-file-name "drafts/" some-directory)
      gnus-agent-directory (expand-file-name "agent/" some-directory))