Subject: Re: [bug#66481] [PATCH gnome-team] gnu: tracker-miners: Update to 3.6.1.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 13:31:30 -0400

Hi,

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

> Am Donnerstag, dem 12.10.2023 um 10:21 -0400 schrieb Maxim Cournoyer:
>> Hello,
>> 
>> Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:
>> 
>> > * gnu/packages/gnome.scm (tracker-miners): Update to 3.6.1.
>> 
>> LGTM.  I think this is a small change enough that it doesn't need to
>> go through guix-patches (you could have pushed it already).
> IIUC the exception for small patches is no longer part of the manual. 
> Plus, with the recent kerfluffle around tracker-miners, I prefer a
> review :)

The relevant bits from info '(guix) managing patches and branches' is
this:

> As an exception, some changes considered “trivial” or “obvious” may be
> pushed directly to the ‘master’ branch.  This includes changes to fix
> typos and reverting commits that caused immediate problems.  This is
> subject to being adjusted, allowing individuals to commit directly on
> non-controversial changes on parts they’re familiar with.

It mentions 'master' there but I think this was an oversight; the same
should hold for any branch.  And I think bumping a version field and the
hash is non-controversial enough if it doesn't break the world and was
tested :-).

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim