Subject: Re: bug#66457: 30.0.50; shr sometimes displays the same image twice

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 08:08:57 +0300

> Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 09:49:00 +0900
> From: Katsumi Yamaoka <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> On Wed, 11 Oct 2023 15:04:13 +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Thanks, but can you show a recipe to reproduce the issue and test the
> > solution?
> 
> Ok, here is an example html mail.
> Set `mm-text-html-renderer' to `shr', read the example mail in
> Gnus in some way, and try `W D W' and `W D D' commands.

Thanks.  (That was an invalid mbox file, btw; I needed to fix it, but
that was easy.  Also, I don't use Gnus, so if you can show a fill
recipe including the "read the example mail in Gnus in some way" part,
I'd appreciate that, as I'd like to make sure I see exactly what you
see in Gnus.  Meanwhile, I tried in Rmail instead, which also uses
shr.el to display HTML emails.)

So now I'm not sure I understand what you are saying.  You said:

> If an alt text, that has an `image-displayer' text property, is
> filled by `shr-fill-line' by way of `shr-fill-lines', the image
> is displayed for two or more times.  It is because the
> `image-displayer' text property is divided by the newline(s).

AFAIU, the alt text is text that is displayed instead of an image,
when the image cannot or should not be displayed for some reason.  If
my understanding is correct, then why do you expect the alt text to
take only one line on display?