Subject: Re: bug#66450: 29.1; Debbugs/Gnus sometimes corrupt git formatted patches

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 21:01:21 -0400

Hi,

Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

>>> I guess I think a whole option just for this would be overkill,
>>> particularly since it's only the pipe command that even offers the
>>> possibility of toggling raw/treated. I suppose we could float a query on
>>> gnus.general and see if anyone has a preference (I'd be interested in
>>> seeing how many people are actually aware of the symbolic prefix), and
>>> maybe call that good enough as a user survey.
>>
>> Maybe we can try that; the only Gnus mailing list I can find is
>> info-gnus-english; is there a more suitable one?
>
> I've already asked! It's on the emacs.gnus.general newsgroup, which used
> to have an HTML archive available on the web, but I guess doesn't
> anymore. The responses haven't been flooding in, but so far all in favor
> of changing the default.

Thanks for asking!  If I may, how do you access such newsgroup?  Which
Usenet server do you use (that's how it's accessed, right?).

-- 
Maxim