Subject: Re: bug#66450: 29.1; Debbugs/Gnus sometimes corrupt git formatted patches

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 09:03:20 +0200

Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello,

Hi Maxim,

> Something similar to this have been recently added to the Guix
> "Contributing" section, see
> <https://guix.gnu.org/en/manual/devel/en/html_node/The-Perfect-Setup.html#Viewing-Bugs-within-Emacs>
> or info "(guix) The Perfect Setup".  The regexps have been turned into
> 'rx' expressions for readability.

Thanks for the information. Scrolling through this guide, maybe I can
give you some further comments? In
<https://guix.gnu.org/en/manual/devel/en/html_node/Debbugs-User-Interfaces.html>,
you recommend the command 'C-u M-x debbugs-gnu RET RET guix-patches RET
n y'. However, if you configure debbugs-gnu-default-packages to '("guix"
"guix-patches"), you don't need the prefix argument. Furthermore, Guix
has its own commands in Debbugs, like debbugs-gnu-guix-search.

All of this is off-topic for this bug. But I thought it might be helpful.

Best regards, Michael.