Subject: bug#66450: 29.1; Debbugs/Gnus sometimes corrupt git formatted patches

From: Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 09:53:03 -0700

On 10/13/23 09:01 AM, Michael Albinus wrote:
> Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> Hi Eric,
>
>> We're all learning something! I didn't know debbugs did all this, and
>> will use it for Emacs development in the future. I'd been bouncing back
>> and forth between Gnus and debbugs, neither one quite seemed to have an
>> edge on the other, but I think this settles it. Thanks for the
>> information!
>
> But there is a relation. Gnus integration for debbugs was written by
> Lars, the Gnus author.

Yup, I know that. I think it comes down to how I keep track of bugs.
Gnus is the obvious choice for scanning incoming bug reports and seeing
if any have to do with me (very few of them do!). But Debbugs is the
natural choice for keeping track of bugs once I do decide to work on
them. Getting from Gnus to Debbugs isn't a no-brainer -- I once wrote a
command that adds the bug number of the article under point to
`debbugs-gnu-tagged', to be called on articles in the
"nntp:gmane.emacs.bugs" group, but I never managed to form the habit of
using it.

After that, I end up bouncing between the NNTP group, the IMAP folder
where CC responses arrive, and Debbugs. My volume of bug handling is low
enough that it hasn't been worth sitting down and figuring out a proper
solution. But I really like "apply patches directly from article", so I
might do that now.

Anyway, this bug report isn't the place for the discussion!

Thanks,
Eric