Subject: [bug#66436] [PATCH v2] doc: Add some guidelines for reviewing.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 10:02:12 -0400

Hello,

Josselin Poiret <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Maxim,
>
> Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> +@cindex LGTM, Looks Good To Me
>> +When you deem the proposed change adequate and ready for inclusion
>> +within Guix, the following well understood/codified @acronym{LGTM, Looks
>> +Good To Me} phrases should be used to sign off as a reviewer, meaning
>> +you have reviewed the change and that it looks good to you:
>> +
>> +@itemize
>> +@item
>> +If the @emph{whole} series (containing multiple commits) looks good to
>> +you, reply with a @samp{This series LGTM!} to the cover page if it has
>> +one, or to the last patch of the series otherwise.
>> +
>> +@item
>> +If you instead want to mark a @emph{single commit} as reviewed (but not
>> +the whole series), simply reply with @samp{LGTM!} to that commit
>> +message.
>> +@end itemize
>
> Some mbox -> patches tools (like b4) are able to automatically apply
> trailers like "Reviewed-by: some ident <...>" found as replies to patch
> series [1].  I also like the very clear meaning of it: there's no way
> you would type this without meaning "Yes, I officially vouch that this
> patch series has been reviewed by me".  Maybe this could be codified
> here?

Reading about it at
<https://b4.docs.kernel.org/en/latest/maintainer/am-shazam.html>, it
seems 'b4 -t' is about adding the 'Review-by' git trailers found in
replies to *cover letters*, and inserting them on each commit of the
series when applied.

Do you use such a tool when applying patches working with Guix review?
I'm not too fond of adding tool-specific bits to the otherwise
tool-agnostic section above, but perhaps we could add a note or
something.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim