Subject: [bug#66436] [PATCH v2] doc: Add some guidelines for reviewing.

From: Josselin Poiret <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 11:55:15 +0200

Hi Maxim,

Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:

> +@cindex LGTM, Looks Good To Me
> +When you deem the proposed change adequate and ready for inclusion
> +within Guix, the following well understood/codified @acronym{LGTM, Looks
> +Good To Me} phrases should be used to sign off as a reviewer, meaning
> +you have reviewed the change and that it looks good to you:
> +
> +@itemize
> +@item
> +If the @emph{whole} series (containing multiple commits) looks good to
> +you, reply with a @samp{This series LGTM!} to the cover page if it has
> +one, or to the last patch of the series otherwise.
> +
> +@item
> +If you instead want to mark a @emph{single commit} as reviewed (but not
> +the whole series), simply reply with @samp{LGTM!} to that commit
> +message.
> +@end itemize

Some mbox -> patches tools (like b4) are able to automatically apply
trailers like "Reviewed-by: some ident <...>" found as replies to patch
series [1].  I also like the very clear meaning of it: there's no way
you would type this without meaning "Yes, I officially vouch that this
patch series has been reviewed by me".  Maybe this could be codified
here?

Otherwise, seem good to me.

[1] `b4 am`'s -t option, see
https://b4.docs.kernel.org/en/latest/maintainer/am-shazam.html

Best,
-- 
Josselin Poiret