Subject: bug#66435: 30.0.50; Eglot no longer log status in minibuffer

From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2024 19:44:05 +0000

On Wed, Jan 10, 2024, 18:09 Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Jacky Li <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > When I compile and use the master branch of Emacs, Eglot no longer shows
> > its status in the minibuffer.
> >
> > It used to show some information in 29.1 when opening a file in a new
> > project, which bootstrap the lsp server. After I downgraded to 29.1, the
> > log reappears.
> >
> > I am not sure what change in version 30 is causing the problem. I am not
> > sure whether this is intended or not.
>
> João, any comments?
>

If by "status", Jackie is talking about progress indication, then this NEWS
entry pertaining to 1.14 might be relevant:

** Progress indicators inhabit the mode-line by default

To switch to the echo area, customize 'eglot-report-progress' to
'messages'.  To switch off progress reporting completely, set to nil.

This was requested by many users who saw their echo area spammed in some
servers. In e new version, the messages can be read by hovering over the
percentage indication in the mode-line.

João