Subject: bug#66431: [PATCH] Fix reset treesit--explorer-last-node when explorer buffer was killed

From: nvp <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2023 23:02:48 -0700

Tags: patch

Bug: After `treesit-explorer-mode` is enabled in a buffer and its
associated `treesit--explorer-buffer` is killed, a subsequent call
to `treesit-explorer-mode` initially displays an empty explorer
buffer b/c `treesit--explorer-refresh` sees old value for
`treesit--explorer-last-node`.

* lisp/treesit.el (treesit-explorer-mode): reset
`treesit--explorer-last-node` when `treesit--explorer-buffer` was killed

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
3.24.33, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2023-10-05 built on noah-X580VD
Repository revision: 505c80623049d9e181918acdac8229c9a2041b1e
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101004
System Description: Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-modules --with-tree-sitter
--with-threads --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xwidgets --with-gnutls
--with-json --with-mailutils --with-jpeg --with-png --with-rsvg
--with-tiff --with-xml2 --with-xpm --with-imagemagick CC=gcc-12
CXX=gcc-12'
From f0d420133b58d0506173f2f1539867b2d9e7f014 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: nverno <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2023 22:52:38 -0700
Subject: [PATCH] Fix reset treesit--explorer-last-node

---
 lisp/treesit.el | 1 +
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

diff --git a/lisp/treesit.el b/lisp/treesit.el
index 402417c6ca9..e798abac079 100644
--- a/lisp/treesit.el
+++ b/lisp/treesit.el
@@ -3192,6 +3192,7 @@ treesit-explore-mode
                          (format "*tree-sitter explorer for %s*"
                                  (buffer-name))))
             (setq-local treesit--explorer-language language)
+            (setq-local treesit--explorer-last-node nil)
             (with-current-buffer treesit--explorer-buffer
               (treesit--explorer-tree-mode)))
           (display-buffer treesit--explorer-buffer
-- 
2.34.1