Subject: [bug#66430] [PATCH] doc: Mention the responsibilities that blocking comes with.

From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2023 11:30:10 +0200

Hi Maxim,

On Mon, 09 Oct 2023 at 22:01, Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> wrote:

> -@url{https://www.seedsforchange.org.uk/consensus}.
> +@url{https://www.seedsforchange.org.uk/consensus}.  The project uses the
> +@samp{Requiring people who block to help find solutions} block variant,
> +which means a participant wishing to block a proposal bears a
> +special responsibility for finding alternatives and proposing ideas/code
> +to resolve the deadlock.

I would propose:

 + one sentence for summarizing what “consensus” means, roughly.
 + one sentence for clarifying the “block” situation.
 + the link for more details.

Well, concretely, something along this wording:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
It is expected from all contributors, and even more so from committers,
to help build consensus and make decisions based on consensus.  By using
consensus, we are committed to finding solutions that everyone can live
with.  It implies that no decision is made against significant concerns
and these concerns are actively resolved with proposals that work for
everyone.  A participant wishing to block a proposal bears a special
responsibility for finding alternatives and proposing ideas/code to
resolve the deadlock.  To learn what consensus decision making means and
understand its finer details, you are encouraged to read
<https://www.seedsforchange.org.uk/consensus>.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Cheers,
simon