Subject: Re: [bug#66430] [PATCH v3] doc: Mention the responsibilities that blocking comes with.

From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2023 10:34:06 +0100

Hi,

On sam., 14 oct. 2023 at 09:06, Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> wrote:
> * doc/contributing.texi (Commit Access): Mention that blocking comes with
> extra responsibilities.

[...]

>  doc/contributing.texi | 13 ++++++++++++-
>  1 file changed, 12 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

[...]

> +@url{https://www.seedsforchange.org.uk/consensus}.  It is expected from
> +all contributors, and even more so from committers, to help build
> +consensus and make decisions based on consensus.  By using consensus, we
> +are committed to finding solutions that everyone can live with.  It
> +implies that no decision is made against significant concerns and these
> +concerns are actively resolved with proposals that work for everyone.  A
> +contributor (which may or may not have commit access) wishing to block a
> +proposal bears a special responsibility for finding alternatives,
> +proposing ideas/code or explain the rationale for the status quo to
> +resolve the deadlock.  To learn what consensus decision making means and
> +understand its finer details, you are encouraged to read
> +<https://www.seedsforchange.org.uk/consensus>.

I will push this change soon if there is no more comment.

Cheers,
simon