Subject: [PATCH v3] doc: Mention the responsibilities that blocking comes with.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2023 09:06:53 -0400

* doc/contributing.texi (Commit Access): Mention that blocking comes with
extra responsibilities.

Reviewed-by: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
---

Changes in v3:
 - s/participant/contributor (which may or may not have commit access)/

Changes in v2:
 - Reword per suggestions

 doc/contributing.texi | 13 ++++++++++++-
 1 file changed, 12 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/doc/contributing.texi b/doc/contributing.texi
index 864190b119..f68ff5bb23 100644
--- a/doc/contributing.texi
+++ b/doc/contributing.texi
@@ -2030,7 +2030,18 @@ Commit Access
 consensus and make decisions based on consensus.  To learn what
 consensus decision making means and understand its finer details, you
 are encouraged to read
-@url{https://www.seedsforchange.org.uk/consensus}.
+@url{https://www.seedsforchange.org.uk/consensus}.  It is expected from
+all contributors, and even more so from committers, to help build
+consensus and make decisions based on consensus.  By using consensus, we
+are committed to finding solutions that everyone can live with.  It
+implies that no decision is made against significant concerns and these
+concerns are actively resolved with proposals that work for everyone.  A
+contributor (which may or may not have commit access) wishing to block a
+proposal bears a special responsibility for finding alternatives,
+proposing ideas/code or explain the rationale for the status quo to
+resolve the deadlock.  To learn what consensus decision making means and
+understand its finer details, you are encouraged to read
+<https://www.seedsforchange.org.uk/consensus>.
 
 The following sections explain how to get commit access, how to be ready
 to push commits, and the policies and community expectations for commits

base-commit: 4ec6fd7817ec4073547fd71309374a293d7c436c
-- 
2.41.0