Subject: Re: [bug#66430] [PATCH v2] doc: Mention the responsibilities that blocking comes with.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2023 09:05:06 -0400

Hello,

Simon Tournier <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Maxim,
>
> On Fri, 13 Oct 2023 at 10:38, Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> +                                                                       A
>> +participant wishing to block a proposal bears a special responsibility
>
> The term “participant” could appear unclear when reading the complete
> section «Commit Access».  Instead, I propose:
>
>     contributor, without or with commit access,
>
> IMHO, it makes clearer what are the expectations on both sides:
> reviewer and submitter.
>
> Aside this comment, it is LGTM.  But it is better to wait more
> comments. :-)

I've reworded it like so:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
modified   doc/contributing.texi
@@ -2036,11 +2036,12 @@ Commit Access
 are committed to finding solutions that everyone can live with.  It
 implies that no decision is made against significant concerns and these
 concerns are actively resolved with proposals that work for everyone.  A
-participant wishing to block a proposal bears a special responsibility
-for finding alternatives, proposing ideas/code or explain the rationale
-for the status quo to resolve the deadlock.  To learn what consensus
-decision making means and understand its finer details, you are
-encouraged to read <https://www.seedsforchange.org.uk/consensus>.
+contributor (which may or may not have commit access), wishing to block
+a proposal bears a special responsibility for finding alternatives,
+proposing ideas/code or explain the rationale for the status quo to
+resolve the deadlock.  To learn what consensus decision making means and
+understand its finer details, you are encouraged to read
+<https://www.seedsforchange.org.uk/consensus>.
 
 The following sections explain how to get commit access, how to be ready
 to push commits, and the policies and community expectations for commits
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I'll push a v3 shortly and let it sit there to let enough time for
others to chime in if they wish

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim