Subject: [PATCH v2] doc: Mention the responsibilities that blocking comes with.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 10:38:32 -0400

* doc/contributing.texi (Commit Access): Mention that blocking comes with
extra responsibilities.

Reviewed-by: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
---

Changes in v2:
 - Reword per suggestions

 doc/contributing.texi | 12 +++++++++++-
 1 file changed, 11 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/doc/contributing.texi b/doc/contributing.texi
index 864190b119..a18ee00845 100644
--- a/doc/contributing.texi
+++ b/doc/contributing.texi
@@ -2030,7 +2030,17 @@ Commit Access
 consensus and make decisions based on consensus.  To learn what
 consensus decision making means and understand its finer details, you
 are encouraged to read
-@url{https://www.seedsforchange.org.uk/consensus}.
+@url{https://www.seedsforchange.org.uk/consensus}.  It is expected from
+all contributors, and even more so from committers, to help build
+consensus and make decisions based on consensus.  By using consensus, we
+are committed to finding solutions that everyone can live with.  It
+implies that no decision is made against significant concerns and these
+concerns are actively resolved with proposals that work for everyone.  A
+participant wishing to block a proposal bears a special responsibility
+for finding alternatives, proposing ideas/code or explain the rationale
+for the status quo to resolve the deadlock.  To learn what consensus
+decision making means and understand its finer details, you are
+encouraged to read <https://www.seedsforchange.org.uk/consensus>.
 
 The following sections explain how to get commit access, how to be ready
 to push commits, and the policies and community expectations for commits

base-commit: 4ec6fd7817ec4073547fd71309374a293d7c436c
-- 
2.41.0