Subject: [bug#66430] [PATCH] doc: Mention the responsibilities that blocking comes with.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2023 22:01:56 -0400

* doc/contributing.texi (Commit Access): Mention that blocking comes with
extra responsibilities.

Change-Id: I27cafcb351f68057b7882198e72e9bf66ccc1262
---
 doc/contributing.texi | 6 +++++-
 1 file changed, 5 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/doc/contributing.texi b/doc/contributing.texi
index 864190b119..082a288704 100644
--- a/doc/contributing.texi
+++ b/doc/contributing.texi
@@ -2030,7 +2030,11 @@ Commit Access
 consensus and make decisions based on consensus.  To learn what
 consensus decision making means and understand its finer details, you
 are encouraged to read
-@url{https://www.seedsforchange.org.uk/consensus}.
+@url{https://www.seedsforchange.org.uk/consensus}.  The project uses the
+@samp{Requiring people who block to help find solutions} block variant,
+which means a participant wishing to block a proposal bears a
+special responsibility for finding alternatives and proposing ideas/code
+to resolve the deadlock.
 
 The following sections explain how to get commit access, how to be ready
 to push commits, and the policies and community expectations for commits

base-commit: 7937c8827b8d23347a3159b4696335bd19fc17aa
-- 
2.41.0