Subject: Re: [bug#66430] [PATCH] doc: Mention the responsibilities that blocking comes with.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2023 23:10:13 +0200

Hi!

Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> skribis:

> * doc/contributing.texi (Commit Access): Mention that blocking comes with
> extra responsibilities.
>
> Change-Id: I27cafcb351f68057b7882198e72e9bf66ccc1262

(Oh, what does this line mean?)

> +@url{https://www.seedsforchange.org.uk/consensus}.  The project uses the
> +@samp{Requiring people who block to help find solutions} block variant,
> +which means a participant wishing to block a proposal bears a
> +special responsibility for finding alternatives and proposing ideas/code
> +to resolve the deadlock.

I’m unsure about this.  A situation I have in mind is this: a volunteer
writes a review describing issues with a proposed change that have no
obvious solution, or rejecting the change altogether (for instance
because it’s deemed outside the scope of the project or tool).

How would one interpret the reviewer’s responsibility in this case?

Thanks,
Ludo’.

PS: We really need a process for changes to our collective rules.