Subject: bug#66427: Conflict between Emacs version dependencies in AUCTeX code and GNU package archive

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2023 11:31:19 +0200

Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Indeed, that would be nice.  However, only the committed auctex.el in
>> the ELPA version has a Version header.  Whenever that changes, a new
>> ELPA release is triggered.  So the rule would need to regenerate
>> auctex.el from auctex.el.in but inject the very same Version as the
>> old one had.
>
> Hmm, then the rule is to generate auctex.el.out instead of auctex.el and
> admin/release-process.org should be changed to direct to rename
> auctex.el.out to auctex.el before editing auctex.el?

Or admin/release-process.org should just mention that auctex.el.in
should be checked if Package-Requires or something else has been
changed which would need to be copied over to auctex.el manually.

>> I've done it now and merged from master.  Are you fine with pushing
>> another ELPA release now?
>
> Yes, please.

Will do!

Bye,
Tassilo