Subject: [bug#66424] [PATCH core-updates] gnu: libxkbcommon: Fix cross-compile.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 09:48:31 -0400

Hi Efraim,

Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

>> looks like the same change was made on master in
>> bc1634a197dc9ab7aa0dead8c7449bb5db09cea6. Along with other commits
>> then to do the same thing to other similar packages.
>> 
>> So, I'm closing as I believe this is done but figured I'd loop in
>> Efraim in case there was anything else on this matter to discuss.
>
> Oh no! I really need to get better about checking the bug tracker to see
> if someone else has already worked through changes I'm thinking of.
>
> I tried a bit of pkg-config hackery/trickery for a bunch of the
> packages, even messing with the meson cross definitions file, but it
> turned out that pkg-config-for-build did the exact wrapping that was
> needed AND it provided a symlink from (pkg-config-for-target) to
> "pkg-config", which was what meson needed.
>
> I'll cherry-pick the commits over to core-updates and then do some of
> the fixups to make everything cleaner.

Thanks for the resolution, and sorry for the regression I had
introduced.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim