Subject: bug#66423: 30.0.50; `vc-hg-log-edit-toggle-amend' eat the last character in Summary

From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2023 16:41:58 +0200

Hi,

When amending a commit in a mercurial repository with
`vc-hg-log-edit-toggle-amend' (C-c C-e in the log buffer), Emacs remove
the last character of the Summary.  Here is a recipe:

    - emacs -Q
    - C-x C-f /tmp/foo/foo.txt RET
    - M-x make-directory RET RET
    - « make some editing »
    - C-x C-s RET
    - C-x v v Hg RET RET
    - C-x v v init C-c C-c
    - « make some more editing »
    - C-x C-s RET
    - C-x v v
    - C-c C-e  ;; => the last 't' in "init" is missing

Best regards,

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-unknown-openbsd7.3) of 2023-10-07
 built on computer
Repository revision: b583cb81c90ee452c754777e33571dbd23f159ff
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101006
System Description: OpenBSD computer 7.3 GENERIC.MP#3 amd64

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/manuel/emacs --bindir=/home/manuel/bin
 --with-x-toolkit=no --with-toolkit-scroll-bars=no --without-cairo
 --without-sound --without-compress-install
 CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib'

Configured features:
DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2
LIBOTF LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE OLDXMENU PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3
THREADS TIFF TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XFT XIM XINPUT2 XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Help

Minor modes in effect:
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  isearch-fold-quotes-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-1.3.0/theme-loaddefs hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/theme-loaddefs

Features:
(shadow emacsbug log-edit add-log vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs
vc-rcs log-view pcvs-util shortdoc comp comp-cstr warnings help-fns
radix-tree magit-utils dash sort gnus-cite flow-fill mail-extr textsec
uni-scripts idna-mapping ucs-normalize uni-confusable textsec-check
gnus-bcklg mm-archive utf-7 gnus-async qp gnus-ml gnus-topic url-cache
imap rfc2104 nndoc nndraft nnmh network-stream nnfolder nnml gnus-agent
gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache nnrss bookmark
cal-move tabify org-duration cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai
cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays holiday-loaddefs cal-iso face-remap
dabbrev tramp-cache time-stamp tramp-sh detached-shell pulse net-utils
org-agenda org-indent sh-script smie treesit executable view pascal
tex-mode conf-mode imenu mule-util on-screen vc-dir ewoc vc org-element
org-persist org-id avl-tree oc-basic ol-eww eww url-queue mm-url
ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect ol-docview doc-view
jka-compr image-mode exif ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi
org-link-doi gnus-icalendar org-capture org-refile org ob ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete
org-list org-footnote org-faces org-entities ob-emacs-lisp ob-core
ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc
org-loaddefs org-version org-compat org-macs vc-hg make-mode gnus-dired
bug-reference paredit vc-git diff-mode vc-dispatcher time battery
cus-load exwm-randr xcb-randr exwm-config ido exwm exwm-input
xcb-keysyms xcb-xkb exwm-manage exwm-floating xcb-cursor xcb-render
exwm-layout exwm-workspace exwm-core xcb-ewmh xcb-icccm xcb xcb-xproto
xcb-types xcb-debug server modus-operandi-theme modus-themes zone
speed-type url-http url-auth url-gw nsm compat ytdious mingus libmpdee
reporter edebug debug backtrace detached-init detached autorevert
filenotify transmission color calc-bin calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs rect
calc-macs supercite regi ebdb-message ebdb-gnus gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu
mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill
kinsoku url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range message sendmail yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg
rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win ebdb-mua
ebdb-com crm ebdb-format ebdb mailabbrev eieio-opt speedbar ezimage
dframe find-func eieio-base pcase timezone icalendar gnus nnheader
gnus-util mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit visual-basic-mode
cl web-mode derived disp-table erlang-start smart-tabs-mode skeleton
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs slime-asdf grep slime-tramp tramp rx trampver
tramp-integration files-x tramp-message tramp-compat xdg shell pcomplete
parse-time iso8601 time-date format-spec tramp-loaddefs slime-fancy
slime-indentation slime-cl-indent cl-indent slime-trace-dialog
slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references
slime-compiler-notes-tree advice slime-scratch slime-presentations
bridge slime-macrostep macrostep slime-mdot-fu slime-enclosing-context
slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-repl slime-parse slime
apropos compile text-property-search etags fileloop generator xref
project arc-mode archive-mode noutline outline icons pp comint ansi-osc
ansi-color ring hyperspec thingatpt slime-autoloads edmacro kmacro
use-package-bind-key bind-key appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs dired-x dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs
notifications dbus xml cl-extra help-mode use-package-core repeat
easy-mmode desktop frameset debbugs-autoloads detached-autoloads
ebdb-autoloads ef-themes-autoloads exwm-autoloads hyperbole-autoloads
magit-autoloads git-commit-autoloads finder-inf magit-section-autoloads
dash-autoloads on-screen-autoloads osm-autoloads paredit-autoloads
request-autoloads rust-mode-autoloads s-autoloads speed-type-autoloads
transmission-autoloads tree-mode-autoloads with-editor-autoloads info
compat-autoloads ytdious-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x
map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode
register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind kqueue lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 987216 637005) (symbols 48 60897 6)
 (strings 32 303467 40509) (string-bytes 1 10138419)
 (vectors 16 184392) (vector-slots 8 3158266 163893)
 (floats 8 1212 2572) (intervals 56 14410 4477) (buffers 992 90))

-- 
Manuel Giraud