Subject: bug#66423: closed (Re: bug#66423: 30.0.50; `vc-hg-log-edit-toggle-amend' eat the last character in Summary)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2023 17:50:03 +0000

Your bug report

#66423: 30.0.50; `vc-hg-log-edit-toggle-amend' eat the last character in Summary

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
66423: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=66423
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#66423: 30.0.50; `vc-hg-log-edit-toggle-amend' eat the last character in Summary
From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
To: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2023 20:48:40 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 30.1

On 10/10/2023 09:17, Manuel Giraud via Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the 
Swiss army knife of text editors wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> I forgot to tell that it is working correctly with Git backend.  Thanks.

Thanks for the report, should be fixed with commit fe62315ef35.

Subject: 30.0.50; `vc-hg-log-edit-toggle-amend' eat the last character in Summary
From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2023 16:41:58 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

When amending a commit in a mercurial repository with
`vc-hg-log-edit-toggle-amend' (C-c C-e in the log buffer), Emacs remove
the last character of the Summary.  Here is a recipe:

    - emacs -Q
    - C-x C-f /tmp/foo/foo.txt RET
    - M-x make-directory RET RET
    - « make some editing »
    - C-x C-s RET
    - C-x v v Hg RET RET
    - C-x v v init C-c C-c
    - « make some more editing »
    - C-x C-s RET
    - C-x v v
    - C-c C-e  ;; => the last 't' in "init" is missing

Best regards,

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-unknown-openbsd7.3) of 2023-10-07
 built on computer
Repository revision: b583cb81c90ee452c754777e33571dbd23f159ff
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101006
System Description: OpenBSD computer 7.3 GENERIC.MP#3 amd64

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/manuel/emacs --bindir=/home/manuel/bin
 --with-x-toolkit=no --with-toolkit-scroll-bars=no --without-cairo
 --without-sound --without-compress-install
 CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib'

Configured features:
DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2
LIBOTF LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE OLDXMENU PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3
THREADS TIFF TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XFT XIM XINPUT2 XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Help

Minor modes in effect:
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  isearch-fold-quotes-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-1.3.0/theme-loaddefs hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/theme-loaddefs

Features:
(shadow emacsbug log-edit add-log vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs
vc-rcs log-view pcvs-util shortdoc comp comp-cstr warnings help-fns
radix-tree magit-utils dash sort gnus-cite flow-fill mail-extr textsec
uni-scripts idna-mapping ucs-normalize uni-confusable textsec-check
gnus-bcklg mm-archive utf-7 gnus-async qp gnus-ml gnus-topic url-cache
imap rfc2104 nndoc nndraft nnmh network-stream nnfolder nnml gnus-agent
gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache nnrss bookmark
cal-move tabify org-duration cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai
cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays holiday-loaddefs cal-iso face-remap
dabbrev tramp-cache time-stamp tramp-sh detached-shell pulse net-utils
org-agenda org-indent sh-script smie treesit executable view pascal
tex-mode conf-mode imenu mule-util on-screen vc-dir ewoc vc org-element
org-persist org-id avl-tree oc-basic ol-eww eww url-queue mm-url
ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect ol-docview doc-view
jka-compr image-mode exif ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi
org-link-doi gnus-icalendar org-capture org-refile org ob ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete
org-list org-footnote org-faces org-entities ob-emacs-lisp ob-core
ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc
org-loaddefs org-version org-compat org-macs vc-hg make-mode gnus-dired
bug-reference paredit vc-git diff-mode vc-dispatcher time battery
cus-load exwm-randr xcb-randr exwm-config ido exwm exwm-input
xcb-keysyms xcb-xkb exwm-manage exwm-floating xcb-cursor xcb-render
exwm-layout exwm-workspace exwm-core xcb-ewmh xcb-icccm xcb xcb-xproto
xcb-types xcb-debug server modus-operandi-theme modus-themes zone
speed-type url-http url-auth url-gw nsm compat ytdious mingus libmpdee
reporter edebug debug backtrace detached-init detached autorevert
filenotify transmission color calc-bin calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs rect
calc-macs supercite regi ebdb-message ebdb-gnus gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu
mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill
kinsoku url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range message sendmail yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg
rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win ebdb-mua
ebdb-com crm ebdb-format ebdb mailabbrev eieio-opt speedbar ezimage
dframe find-func eieio-base pcase timezone icalendar gnus nnheader
gnus-util mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit visual-basic-mode
cl web-mode derived disp-table erlang-start smart-tabs-mode skeleton
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs slime-asdf grep slime-tramp tramp rx trampver
tramp-integration files-x tramp-message tramp-compat xdg shell pcomplete
parse-time iso8601 time-date format-spec tramp-loaddefs slime-fancy
slime-indentation slime-cl-indent cl-indent slime-trace-dialog
slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references
slime-compiler-notes-tree advice slime-scratch slime-presentations
bridge slime-macrostep macrostep slime-mdot-fu slime-enclosing-context
slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-repl slime-parse slime
apropos compile text-property-search etags fileloop generator xref
project arc-mode archive-mode noutline outline icons pp comint ansi-osc
ansi-color ring hyperspec thingatpt slime-autoloads edmacro kmacro
use-package-bind-key bind-key appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs dired-x dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs
notifications dbus xml cl-extra help-mode use-package-core repeat
easy-mmode desktop frameset debbugs-autoloads detached-autoloads
ebdb-autoloads ef-themes-autoloads exwm-autoloads hyperbole-autoloads
magit-autoloads git-commit-autoloads finder-inf magit-section-autoloads
dash-autoloads on-screen-autoloads osm-autoloads paredit-autoloads
request-autoloads rust-mode-autoloads s-autoloads speed-type-autoloads
transmission-autoloads tree-mode-autoloads with-editor-autoloads info
compat-autoloads ytdious-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x
map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode
register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind kqueue lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 987216 637005) (symbols 48 60897 6)
 (strings 32 303467 40509) (string-bytes 1 10138419)
 (vectors 16 184392) (vector-slots 8 3158266 163893)
 (floats 8 1212 2572) (intervals 56 14410 4477) (buffers 992 90))

-- 
Manuel Giraud