Subject: bug#66416: GDB output from new crash

From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2023 20:44:41 +0800

Yuchen Guo <[email-masked]> writes:

> Po Lu <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> Thanks.  Po Lu, any ideas?
>>
>> None, sorry.  Do you know which font that is?  If so, perhaps I can
>> reproduce the crash myself.
>
> How can I deduce the font name from the coredump?  And curiously this
> crash only happens after using Emacs for sometime.

Is it possible to build Emacs with -fsanitize=address?  This is further
expounded upon in the GCC manual, and IME generally proves fruitful for
such spasmodic bugs, since you can run Emacs with address sanitization
enabled for extended periods of time as your "daily driver" (vis-a-vis
tools such as Valgrind, which incur a prohibitive performance penalty).