Subject: bug#66416: 29.1; Crashes when visiting HELLO file with pgtk on Wayland

From: Yuchen Guo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2023 12:45:58 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Try font-info instead, and look at the last, 13th, element of the
> vector it returns.  The doc string of font-info describes what it can
> tell you.

I obtained the following output for the Simplified Chinese Serif font:

(opentype
 ((DFLT (nil aalt calt ccmp dlig fwid hist hwid liga pwid ruby vert
             vrt2))
  (cyrl (nil aalt calt ccmp dlig fwid hist hwid liga locl pwid ruby
             vert vrt2)
        (JAN\  aalt calt ccmp dlig fwid hist hwid liga locl pwid ruby
               vert vrt2)
        (KOR\  aalt calt ccmp dlig fwid hist hwid liga locl pwid
               ruby vert vrt2)
        (ZHH\  aalt calt ccmp dlig fwid hist hwid liga locl pwid
               ruby vert vrt2)
        (ZHS\  aalt calt ccmp dlig fwid hist hwid liga locl pwid
               ruby vert vrt2)
        (ZHT\  aalt calt ccmp dlig fwid hist hwid liga locl pwid
               ruby vert vrt2))...)

...500+ lines omitted...

It seems to me that the font declares support for all CJK scripts.

> font-spec

Thanks for the detailed suggestions, but I think I will not tweak that
any further at the moment, since I still do not have sufficient
knowledge for doing so.  Besides, I am already able to sit back and
enjoy variable pitch font in its full 4K-resolution, pure GTK on Wayland
glory.

By God, I was writing TeX in TUI Emacs for a whole year!  I didn't know
what was missing in my life.  Obligatory screenshot:

https://codeberg.org/m0p/ublock-origin-mirror/raw/branch/main/4k.png

===================================================

Back to the original bug report:

Emacs has not crashed since the rebuild from latest commit in emacs-29
branch.  Previously Emacs server was crashing every few hours.

If there is no more crashes in the coming week, then I think this issue
can be closed.