Subject: bug#66416: 29.1; pgtk build crashes due to ftcrfont

From: Björn Bidar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 17:19:24 +0300

Po Lu <[email-masked]> writes:

> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> As for the cause of this -- some problem in ftcrfont_draw -- maybe Po
>> Lu can suggest some ideas.  I guess we should try to understand what
>> kind of X error was caused here?
>
> Yes.  Please switch to the frame of the call to x_error_quitter, there
> run:
>
>   (gdb) p *event
>   (gdb) shell xdpyinfo -ext all
>
> and respond the output of these commands.

I didn't trigger the error on purpose but by accident. A package used
obarray wrong (with nil instead of 0) which caused an error like this:
(wrong-type-argument obarrayp [nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil
nil nil nil])

The error did not immediately cause a crash but some time after.

I have a gdb attached, If get a crash now I can send these outputs.

I'm not sure if this related but sometimes Emacs is stuck rendering
org-mode buffers till it receives SIGUSR2 or user input.
Requests such as emacsclient -nc don't reach Emacs until either of the
two above happens.