Subject: bug#66399: closed (Re: bug#66399: 29.1; adgadg)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2023 16:02:02 +0000

Your bug report

#66399: 29.1; eglot-ensure fails with error

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
66399: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=66399
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#66399: 29.1; adgadg
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Reindert-Jan Ekker <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2023 19:00:31 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2023 15:53:54 +0000
> From: Reindert-Jan Ekker <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> 
> "Eli Zaretskii" <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> >> Interestingly, after uninstalling and reinstalling the LSP server the
> >> problem is gone.
> >
> > So we can now close this bug report?
> 
> Yes, thank you

Thanks, done.

Subject: 29.1; adgadg
From: Reindert-Jan Ekker <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2023 22:09:16 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

From: Reindert-Jan <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: 29.1; eglot-ensure fails with error

- emacs -Q
- open a python file
- run eglot-ensure

This fails with the following message:

(jit-lock--antiblink-post-command eldoc-schedule-timer t #[0 "�!rq���#
?�� \")" [(#1) #<buffer api.py> eglot--managed-mode buffer-live-p remove-hook post-command-hook t apply eglot--connect eglot--guess-contact] 4])
Error in post-command-hook (#[0 "\303\301!\205r\301q\210\304\305\300\242\306#\210
?\205\307\310\311 \")\207" [(#0) #<buffer api.py> eglot--managed-mode buffer-live-p remove-hook post-command-hook t apply eglot--connect eglot--guess-contact] 4]): (file-missing "Doing vfork" "No such file or directory")

In GNU Emacs 29.1 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin20.6.0, NS
 appkit-2022.60 Version 11.5.2 (Build 20G95)) of 2023-10-08 built on
 CodeSensei-MacBook-Air.local
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2022
System Description:  macOS 11.5.2

Configured using:
 'configure --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-silent-rules
 --enable-locallisppath=/opt/homebrew/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --infodir=/opt/homebrew/Cellar/emacs-plus@29/29.1/share/info/emacs
 --prefix=/opt/homebrew/Cellar/emacs-plus@29/29.1 --with-xml2
 --with-gnutls --without-compress-install --without-dbus
 --without-imagemagick --with-modules --with-rsvg --with-ns
 --disable-ns-self-contained 'CFLAGS=-Os -w -pipe
 -mmacosx-version-min=11
 -isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX11.sdk
 -DFD_SETSIZE=10000 -DDARWIN_UNLIMITED_SELECT'
 'CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/homebrew/opt/icu4c/include
 -isystem/opt/homebrew/include -F/opt/homebrew/Frameworks
 -isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX11.sdk'
 'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/homebrew/opt/icu4c/lib -L/opt/homebrew/lib
 -F/opt/homebrew/Frameworks -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names
 -isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX11.sdk''

Configured features:
ACL GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE NS
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER
WEBP XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_CTYPE: UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Messages

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
gnus-util time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils cl-extra eglot external-completion array
filenotify jsonrpc ert pp ewoc debug backtrace help-mode find-func xref
flymake-proc flymake thingatpt warnings icons compile
text-property-search url-util url-parse auth-source eieio eieio-core
cl-macs password-cache json subr-x map url-vars imenu vc-git diff-mode
easy-mmode vc-dispatcher python rx project byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile pcase treesit cl-seq comint ansi-osc ring cl-loaddefs
cl-lib ansi-color rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns lcms2
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 93845 7358)
 (symbols 48 11167 0)
 (strings 32 32413 1935)
 (string-bytes 1 990171)
 (vectors 16 23123)
 (vector-slots 8 311799 7132)
 (floats 8 44 33)
 (intervals 56 366 0)
 (buffers 984 12))