Subject: bug#66399: 29.1; adgadg

From: Reindert-Jan Ekker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2023 22:09:16 +0000

From: Reindert-Jan <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: 29.1; eglot-ensure fails with error

- emacs -Q
- open a python file
- run eglot-ensure

This fails with the following message:

(jit-lock--antiblink-post-command eldoc-schedule-timer t #[0 "�!rq���#
?�� \")" [(#1) #<buffer api.py> eglot--managed-mode buffer-live-p remove-hook post-command-hook t apply eglot--connect eglot--guess-contact] 4])
Error in post-command-hook (#[0 "\303\301!\205r\301q\210\304\305\300\242\306#\210
?\205\307\310\311 \")\207" [(#0) #<buffer api.py> eglot--managed-mode buffer-live-p remove-hook post-command-hook t apply eglot--connect eglot--guess-contact] 4]): (file-missing "Doing vfork" "No such file or directory")

In GNU Emacs 29.1 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin20.6.0, NS
 appkit-2022.60 Version 11.5.2 (Build 20G95)) of 2023-10-08 built on
 CodeSensei-MacBook-Air.local
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2022
System Description:  macOS 11.5.2

Configured using:
 'configure --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-silent-rules
 --enable-locallisppath=/opt/homebrew/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --infodir=/opt/homebrew/Cellar/emacs-plus@29/29.1/share/info/emacs
 --prefix=/opt/homebrew/Cellar/emacs-plus@29/29.1 --with-xml2
 --with-gnutls --without-compress-install --without-dbus
 --without-imagemagick --with-modules --with-rsvg --with-ns
 --disable-ns-self-contained 'CFLAGS=-Os -w -pipe
 -mmacosx-version-min=11
 -isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX11.sdk
 -DFD_SETSIZE=10000 -DDARWIN_UNLIMITED_SELECT'
 'CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/homebrew/opt/icu4c/include
 -isystem/opt/homebrew/include -F/opt/homebrew/Frameworks
 -isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX11.sdk'
 'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/homebrew/opt/icu4c/lib -L/opt/homebrew/lib
 -F/opt/homebrew/Frameworks -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names
 -isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX11.sdk''

Configured features:
ACL GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE NS
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER
WEBP XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_CTYPE: UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Messages

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
gnus-util time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils cl-extra eglot external-completion array
filenotify jsonrpc ert pp ewoc debug backtrace help-mode find-func xref
flymake-proc flymake thingatpt warnings icons compile
text-property-search url-util url-parse auth-source eieio eieio-core
cl-macs password-cache json subr-x map url-vars imenu vc-git diff-mode
easy-mmode vc-dispatcher python rx project byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile pcase treesit cl-seq comint ansi-osc ring cl-loaddefs
cl-lib ansi-color rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns lcms2
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 93845 7358)
 (symbols 48 11167 0)
 (strings 32 32413 1935)
 (string-bytes 1 990171)
 (vectors 16 23123)
 (vector-slots 8 311799 7132)
 (floats 8 44 33)
 (intervals 56 366 0)
 (buffers 984 12))