Subject: [bug#66396] [PATCH] guix: Add case to Github url updater.

From: paul <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2024 01:50:54 +0100

Hi Ludo’ ,

I made a detailed analysis on the current status of the updater. I'm 
attaching the source code I used.

There are ~239 packages (probably with some false positive due to 
deprecated packages I believe) that have a github.com origin-uri that 
currently are marked as having no updater:

guix time-machine -C channels-lock.scm -- repl -- t.scm | grep github.com | awk '{ print $1 }' | wc -l

239

This patch allows the following packages (and probably more in 
downstream channels) to be refreshed:

gnu/packages/admin.scm:4242:13: 4.9 is already the latest version of nnn
gnu/packages/admin.scm:4416:13: launchmon would be upgraded from 1.0.2 
to 1.2.0
gnu/packages/audio.scm:5814:13: lsp-dsp-lib would be upgraded from 
0.5.14 to 1.0.20
gnu/packages/bioinformatics.scm:9847:13: seqan would be upgraded from 
3.0.3 to 3.3.0
gnu/packages/bioinformatics.scm:9847:13: seqan would be upgraded from 
3.0.3 to 3.3.0
gnu/packages/bioinformatics.scm:9563:13: preseq would be upgraded from 
2.0.3 to 3.2.0
gnu/packages/bioinformatics.scm:18604:13: arriba would be upgraded from 
1.0.1 to 2.4.0
gnu/packages/build-tools.scm:436:13: premake would be upgraded from 
5.0.0-alpha15 to 5.0.0.alpha4
gnu/packages/compression.scm:2292:13: upx would be upgraded from 4.1.0 
to 4.2.2
gnu/packages/datastructures.scm:294:13: 2.1.1 is already the latest 
version of sdsl-lite
gnu/packages/dlang.scm:219:2: ldc would be upgraded from 1.35.0 to 1.36.0
gnu/packages/dns.scm:475:13: dnscrypt-wrapper would be upgraded from 
0.2.2 to 0.4.2
gnu/packages/engineering.scm:4303:13: rizin would be upgraded from 0.6.2 
to 0.6.3
gnu/packages/fontutils.scm:1585:13: libuninameslist would be upgraded 
from 20200313 to 20230916
gnu/packages/fontutils.scm:1563:13: libspiro would be upgraded from 
20200505 to 20221101
gnu/packages/game-development.scm:268:12: 5.2.2 is already the latest 
version of deutex
gnu/packages/game-development.scm:952:13: love would be upgraded from 
11.4 to 11.5
gnu/packages/game-development.scm:3057:13: 1.5.2 is already the latest 
version of dhewm3
gnu/packages/games.scm:2427:15: retux would be upgraded from 1.6.1 to 1.6.2
gnu/packages/games.scm:6336:13: 1.02e is already the latest version of 
mrrescue
gnu/packages/games.scm:5832:13: 2.4 is already the latest version of 
starfighter
gnu/packages/games.scm:9239:13: edgar would be upgraded from 1.36 to 1.37
gnu/packages/geo.scm:144:13: gmt would be upgraded from 6.4.0 to 6.5.0
gnu/packages/java.scm:11861:13: java-gson would be upgraded from 2.8.6 
to 2.10.1
gnu/packages/java.scm:8135:13: antlr3 would be upgraded from 3.5.2 to 3.5.3
gnu/packages/java.scm:8076:13: java-stringtemplate would be upgraded 
from 4.0.8 to 4.3.3
gnu/packages/java.scm:8135:13: antlr3 would be upgraded from 3.5.2 to 3.5.3
gnu/packages/maths.scm:221:13: bitwise would be upgraded from 0.43 to 0.50
gnu/packages/music.scm:6018:13: lsp-plugins would be upgraded from 1.2.3 
to 1.2.14
gnu/packages/networking.scm:2801:13: 21.1 is already the latest version 
of nzbget
gnu/packages/notcurses.scm:39:13: 3.0.9 is already the latest version of 
notcurses
gnu/packages/password-utils.scm:1406:13: 1.9 is already the latest 
version of hashcat-utils
gnu/packages/password-utils.scm:1490:13: 1.4.0 is already the latest 
version of bruteforce-luks
gnu/packages/solidity.scm:37:13: solidity would be upgraded from 0.8.15 
to 0.8.24
gnu/packages/sync.scm:568:13: rclone would be upgraded from 1.52.3 to 1.65.2
gnu/packages/virtualization.scm:2202:13: 0.4.7 is already the latest 
version of umoci
gnu/packages/virtualization.scm:2152:13: runc would be upgraded from 
1.1.9 to 1.1.12
gnu/packages/web-browsers.scm:108:13: 9.0 is already the latest version 
of midori
gnu/packages/wm.scm:791:13: 3.4.5 is already the latest version of icewm

I see this as an, albeit small, valuable addition. What do you think?

Thank you for your time

giacomo