Subject: bug#66394: 29.1; Make register-read-with-preview more useful

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 14:05:59 +0200

> From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>,  Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>,
>   [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 17:40:59 +0000
> 
> So it seems we have now something working fine in all conditions :-)
> 
> Here the serie of patches (the first 3 are unchanged). 

Thank you for all your efforts in this matter.

I have only 2 minor comments:

  . I suggest to rename all the "*basic" symbols to "*traditional"
    instead (including such words in some doc strings)
  . I think we need to update the NEWS entry, and in particular
    describe there the two different "styles" of entering the register
    names and the preview modes

(I'm okay with doing these minor changes myself, once you install the
changes.)

Thanks again.