Subject: [PATCH gnome-team v5] gnu: glib: Set runstatedir.

From: Vivien Kraus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2023 23:12:50 +0200

Glib has made /run the default runstatedir:

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/glib/-/merge_requests/3101

However, in Guix, the default runstatedir is /var/run.

* gnu/packages/glib.scm (glib): Set runtime_dir to /var/run.
---

I changed my mind again!  Following the IRC discussion, Guix has a separate
/var/run and /run (and puts /run/current-system/ in /run).  So, /var/run/dbus
is actually the correct place to put the system session socket.

 gnu/packages/glib.scm | 1 +
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

diff --git a/gnu/packages/glib.scm b/gnu/packages/glib.scm
index 8af89d60e0..c4fcc20bb6 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/glib.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/glib.scm
@@ -254,6 +254,7 @@ (define glib
       #:configure-flags #~(list "--default-library=both"
                                 "-Dman=false"
                                 "-Dselinux=disabled"
+                                "-Druntime_dir=/var/run"
                                 (string-append "--bindir="
                                                #$output:bin "/bin"))
       #:phases

base-commit: b18b2d13488f2a92331ccad2dc8cbb54ee15582f
-- 
2.41.0