Subject: bug#66335: 29.1.50; Additional known keywords for finder

From: Daniel Mendler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2023 20:53:12 +0200

On 10/4/23 20:43, Stefan Kangas wrote:
>>> I propose to add a few more commonly used keywords to finder.el. For
>>> example "tree-sitter" is used by all the newly introduced major modes.
>>> Besides that the following additional keywords might be useful and could
>>> be added to `finder-known-keywords':
>>>
>>> (accessibility . "Features improving accessibility")
>>> (completion    . "Minibuffer and code completion")
>>> (network       . "Features accessing the network")
>>> (theme         . "Themes and styling")
>>> (tree-sitter   . "Modes based Tree-Sitter")
>>
>> I think adding meaningful keywords is always welcome, the only problem
>> is to go over all the packages and add the new keywords to those which
>> need it.
> 
> Daniel, would you like to propose a patch?

A patch to finder.el or to *all* packages? My proposal aims to add a few
keywords to finder.el, which seem to be used already, also across
ELPA/MELPA.

Besides that, the finder keyword list is not regenerated when installing
packages. This could be improved by calling `finder-compile-keywords',
taking the `finder-keywords-hash' and dumping it to some file which is
loaded by the init.el.

Daniel