Subject: bug#66312: 30.0.50; erts-run-test always fails

From: Jakub Ječmínek <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2024 21:52:54 +0000

Augustin Chéneau (BTuin) <[email-masked]> writes:

> Every time I try to use the command `erts-run-test' in erts files (such
> as emacs/test/lisp/progmodes/java-ts-mode-resources/indent.erts), it
> fails with the message "No name for test case".  The culprits lies in
> `ert-test--erts-test' which depends on the result of a regex search run in
> another function (with match-beginning).
>
> It probably works in batch mode (I don't know how to use it), but in
> erts-mode the search is not executed so the function is not run correctly and
> fails.
>
> By the way, is there any resource about running erts files? I looked in
> the ERT manual, but there is only information on writing erts files and
> executing regular ERT files.

If you want to run the tests you mentioned, you should evaluate
'java-ts-mode-tests.el' file (which loads erts resources) and then do
M-x ert RET t RET. Or you can run individual tests using C-c C-c in
erts-mode with the cursor at test.

Best

Jakub