Subject: Re: bug#66308: 30.0.50; DocView: Bump default value of doc-view-resolution

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2023 06:24:12 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > >> Should we store this data on Unixes in `$XDG_CACHE_HOME` Instead
  > >> of temp?
  > >> Doing so would also allow to reuse it if the particular file is viewed
  > >> again.
  > >
  > > Probably, yes, at least on XDG compliant systems.

  > So e.g. Linux or *BSD.

[This is a side issue, but please be aware of it]

The first of those is actually the GNU system, which is
what I developed GNU Emacs to be part of.  Linux is what
it uses as the kernel.

See https://gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html and
https://gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html, plus the history in
https://gnu.org/gnu/the-gnu-project.html.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman (https://stallman.org)
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)