Subject: Error with recursive git checkout

From: Alexis Simon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 21:53:35 -0700

Hi,

I think I'm hitting this bug trying to git-fetch with submodules.
I am on a foreign distro.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
/gnu/store/pmv37cxc4cg1s7x8yg8dkhikkwmwpncr-git-minimal-2.41.0/libexec/git-core/git-submodule: 
line 7: /bin/basename: Permission denied
/gnu/store/pmv37cxc4cg1s7x8yg8dkhikkwmwpncr-git-minimal-2.41.0/libexec/git-core/git-submodule: 
line 7: /bin/sed: Permission denied
/gnu/store/pmv37cxc4cg1s7x8yg8dkhikkwmwpncr-git-minimal-2.41.0/libexec/git-core/git-sh-setup: 
line 77: /bin/basename: Permission denied
/gnu/store/pmv37cxc4cg1s7x8yg8dkhikkwmwpncr-git-minimal-2.41.0/libexec/git-core/git-sh-setup: 
line 77: /bin/sed: Permission denied
/gnu/store/pmv37cxc4cg1s7x8yg8dkhikkwmwpncr-git-minimal-2.41.0/libexec/git-core/git-sh-setup: 
line 292: /bin/uname: Permission denied
/gnu/store/pmv37cxc4cg1s7x8yg8dkhikkwmwpncr-git-minimal-2.41.0/libexec/git-core/git-submodule: 
line 613: /bin/sed: Permission denied
/gnu/store/pmv37cxc4cg1s7x8yg8dkhikkwmwpncr-git-minimal-2.41.0/libexec/git-core/git-submodule: 
line 613 : cmd_: command not found
git-fetch: 
'/gnu/store/pmv37cxc4cg1s7x8yg8dkhikkwmwpncr-git-minimal-2.41.0/bin/git 
submodule update --init --recursive' failed with exit code 127
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

This is with a recent guix I think
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
❯ guix describe
Generation 8    oct. 24 2023 21:31:58   (current)
   guix 0074731
     repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
     branch: master
     commit: 00747316ee0e1a7962ffe226c727776ba7a8163b
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Alexis