Subject: 28.2; rmail_ Invalid mbox file

From: జిందం వాఐి <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2023 16:50:40 +0530

* os: android 9
* debian 12 on proot-distro [ 1 ]
* apt show emacs-lucid_ Version: 1:28.2+1-15
* apt show mailutils_ Version: 1:3.15-4
* didnt install anything extra or configured
* first, i asked on help-emacs-gnu [ 2 ]

* steps
   * open emacs
   * tools -> read mail

* error
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Invalid mbox file")
   error("Invalid mbox file")
   rmail-convert-file-maybe()
   rmail()
   funcall-interactively(rmail)
   command-execute(rmail record)
   execute-extended-command(nil "rmail" "rmail")
   funcall-interactively(execute-extended-command nil "rmail" "rmail")
   command-execute(execute-extended-command)

* added attachment_ rmail

In GNU Emacs 28.2 (build 2, arm-unknown-linux-gnueabihf, X toolkit, 
cairo version 1.16.0, Xaw3d scroll bars)
  of 2023-05-13, modified by Debian built on arm-ubc-04
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 
11.0.12101006
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)

Configured using:
  'configure --build arm-linux-gnueabihf --prefix=/usr
  --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/libexec
  --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
  --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-libsystemd --with-pop=yes
  
--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/28.2/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/28.2/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
  --with-sound=alsa --without-gconf --with-mailutils
  --with-native-compilation --build arm-linux-gnueabihf --prefix=/usr
  --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/libexec
  --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
  --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-libsystemd --with-pop=yes
  
--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/28.2/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/28.2/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
  --with-sound=alsa --without-gconf --with-mailutils
  --with-native-compilation --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=lucid
  --with-toolkit-scroll-bars --without-gsettings 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
  -ffile-prefix-map=/build/emacs-mbqgxM/emacs-28.2+1=. 
-fstack-protector-strong
  -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time
  -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES
NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XAW3D XDBE XIM XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: C.UTF-8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   buffer-read-only: t
   line-number-mode: t
   indent-tabs-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug comp comp-cstr warnings rx cl-extra help-mode message
rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
gnus-util text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader dired-aux dired
dired-loaddefs cus-edit pp cus-start cus-load wid-edit rmail
rmail-loaddefs smtpmail auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs cl-loaddefs cl-lib password-cache json subr-x map seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils iso-transl tooltip eldoc
paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode
mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 111084 9263)
  (symbols 24 9280 1)
  (strings 16 26068 2156)
  (string-bytes 1 837260)
  (vectors 8 18400)
  (vector-slots 4 355850 27372)
  (floats 8 36 37)
  (intervals 28 388 0)
  (buffers 592 10))

[ 1 ] https://github.com/termux/proot-distro
[ 2 ] 
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2023-09/msg00142.html

-- 
regards,
జిందం వాఐి [ jindam, vani ]
toots_ @[email-masked]
[matrix]_ @jindam.vani:oikei.net