Subject: suggestion: change definition of hycontrol--blank-buffer to something more meaningful

From: Dan Drake <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 14:48:52 -0500

Hello,

A while back I posted this emacs.stackexchange question, about a mysterious
buffer named BLANK which always appeared when I started emacs:
https://emacs.stackexchange.com/q/78601/19526

Today I figured out the source: see my answer to that question.

It's still not clear how this BLANK buffer was getting created on startup,
since I have no idea how hycontrol-window-display-buffer was getting
called, but I'd like to suggest that the name of that blank buffer be
changed to something that makes its source and purpose more obvious. Perhaps

(defvar hycontrol--blank-buffer (get-buffer-create "
*hycontrol--blank-buffer*")

? Any user who does hycontrol-windows-grid and triggers that will see the
extra buffers with that name, and if such buffers just show up in the
buffer list, it'll be obvious that they can safely be killed.

I don't have any strong feelings about the name, just something more
helpful and meaningful -- and searchable! -- than "BLANK".

Regards,

Dan

-- 
Ceci n'est pas une .signature.