Subject: bug#66282: 26.3; Doc string of `overlay-arrow-string'

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2023 05:12:18 -0700

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> We also have (info "(emacs) Non-Window Terminals"), which seems to be
>> speaking of "text terminals".  Should that node be renamed to "text
>> terminals" for consistency?
>
> Yes, probably.

Thanks, I did that on emacs-29.  I also updated most other references to
"non-window" terminals and displays.  See [1: 6bdc5cfe384] and please
feel free to tweak it.

We now only have three references to "non-window" left in doc/**/*texi:

./misc/modus-themes.texi:2597:When Emacs runs in a non-windowed
session its color reproduction
./misc/efaq.texi:1787:Colors and faces are supported in non-windowed
mode, i.e., on Unix and
./lispref/os.texi:561:new text terminal.  (This applies when Emacs
starts up in non-windowed

We also have these in src/:

./src/xdisp.c:22826:   Used for non-window-redisplay windows, and for
windows without left
./src/xdisp.c:36677:    doc: /* String to display as an arrow in
non-window frames.
./src/xdisp.c:36724:    doc: /* Pixels per inch value for non-window
system displays.

And these in lisp/:

./htmlfontify.el:106:The following might be useful when running
non-windowed or in batch mode:
./emulation/cua-base.el:414:On non-window systems, use
`cua-rectangle-terminal-modifier-key'.
./vc/ediff-init.el:567:and ediff-after-flag.  On a non-window system,
differences are always
./emacs-lisp/tcover-ses.el:675:    ;;ses-create-header-string behaves
differently in a non-window environment

[1: 6bdc5cfe384]: 2023-10-01 13:58:53 +0200
  Doc fix; more consistently refer to "text terminals"
  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=6bdc5cfe384a017d775421e03ed4d77feddb76b9