Subject: bug#66274: closed (Re: bug#66274: 30.0.50; Typo in search.c prevents build on master)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 08:15:01 +0000

Your bug report

#66274: 30.0.50; Typo in search.c prevents build on master

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
66274: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=66274
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#66274: 30.0.50; Typo in search.c prevents build on master
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Jani Juhani Sinervo <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 01:13:50 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Jani Juhani Sinervo <[email-masked]> writes:

> There seems to have been a typo in `search.c' in the commit
> 35fbf6f15830f576fd1909f4a8d30e7ba1d777bd, which prevents building Emacs
> from sources, even with a fully clean repository.
>
> The build error is as follows:
>
>> search.c:3400:2: error: invalid preprocessing directive #elsif; did you mean #elif?
>> 3400 | #elsif HAVE_OPEN_MEMSTREAM
>>      |  ^~~~~
>>      |  elif
>
> This typo seems to have gotten introduced in the commit
> cc0d7d7a3867e4554f89262e4641c9845ee0d647, which also introduced the
> function this typo is found within.

Thanks, this has been fixed so I'm closing this bug.

Please test and report back if you're still having issues.

Subject: 30.0.50; Typo in search.c prevents build on master
From: Jani Juhani Sinervo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 23:36:24 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

There seems to have been a typo in `search.c' in the commit
35fbf6f15830f576fd1909f4a8d30e7ba1d777bd, which prevents building Emacs
from sources, even with a fully clean repository.

The build error is as follows:

> search.c:3400:2: error: invalid preprocessing directive #elsif; did you mean #elif?
> 3400 | #elsif HAVE_OPEN_MEMSTREAM
>      |  ^~~~~
>      |  elif

This typo seems to have gotten introduced in the commit
cc0d7d7a3867e4554f89262e4641c9845ee0d647, which also introduced the
function this typo is found within.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
 version 1.17.8, Xaw3d scroll bars) of 2023-09-20 built on blackstar
Repository revision: 74dffcdf4f25ce4dc9074b0215f9967fb3e245a5
Repository branch: master
System Description: Fedora Linux 39 (Thirty Nine Prerelease)

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/jani/.local/stow/emacs
 --enable-locallisppath=/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp --with-mailutils
 --with-sound=yes --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-wide-int
 --with-cairo-xcb --with-imagemagick --with-json --with-tree-sitter
 --with-file-notification=yes --with-native-compilation=yes --with-x'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ
IMAGEMAGICK JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2
M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP
SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11
XAW3D XDBE XIM XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: C/*l

Minor modes in effect:
  bug-reference-prog-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  auto-revert-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  flymake-mode: t
  rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  corfu-popupinfo-mode: t
  global-corfu-mode: t
  corfu-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: linux
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/jani/.emacs.d/elpa/embark-consult-0.7/embark-org hides /home/jani/.emacs.d/elpa/embark-0.22.1/embark-org
/home/jani/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-0.4.3/transient hides /home/jani/.local/stow/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow emacsbug consult magit-bookmark bookmark flymake-cc vc
bug-reference cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs term ehelp vc-git vc-dispatcher
flow-fill sort mm-archive textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping ucs-normalize
uni-confusable textsec-check gnus-async gnus-bcklg qp gnus-ml disp-table
utf-7 gnus-cite mail-extr nndraft nnmh epa-file network-stream nsm
nnfolder nnnil gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual
gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig nntp
gnus-cache gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file gnus-group gnus-undo
cus-start gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source
utf7 nnoo parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win
magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog
magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote
magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag
magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status
magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func imenu
magit-diff smerge-mode diff diff-mode git-commit log-edit message
sendmail yank-media puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
derived epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
pcvs-util add-log magit-core magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify
magit-margin magit-transient magit-process with-editor shell pcomplete
server magit-mode transient format-spec magit-git magit-section
magit-utils crm dash mule-util comp comp-cstr rx term/linux elec-pair
checkdoc lisp-mnt flymake-proc flymake compile comint ansi-osc ring
warnings thingatpt rainbow-delimiters tango-theme finder-inf
auth-source-pass gnus nnheader gnus-util text-property-search time-date
mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr ansi-color project which-key
yasnippet kind-icon svg-lib color svg dom corfu-popupinfo corfu
marginalia edmacro kmacro use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode
orderless recentf tree-widget savehist vertico compat use-package-ensure
cl-extra help-mode use-package-core mozc clang-rename
clang-include-fixer let-alist clang-format xml corfu-autoloads
edit-indirect-autoloads embark-consult-autoloads consult-autoloads
embark-autoloads kind-icon-autoloads magit-autoloads
git-commit-autoloads magit-section-autoloads marginalia-autoloads
markdown-mode-autoloads orderless-autoloads pass-autoloads f-autoloads
dash-autoloads password-store-otp-autoloads password-store-autoloads
rainbow-delimiters-autoloads s-autoloads svg-lib-autoloads
transient-autoloads vertico-autoloads which-key-autoloads
with-editor-autoloads info compat-autoloads yasnippet-autoloads package
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache
json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cus-edit pp
cus-load icons wid-edit cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv
eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
cairo x-toolkit x multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 848780 114546) (symbols 48 35620 2)
 (strings 32 213682 4713) (string-bytes 1 5788929) (vectors 16 84558)
 (vector-slots 8 1391594 54829) (floats 8 491 645)
 (intervals 56 6051 194) (buffers 992 22))