Subject: bug#66269: 29.1.50; MacOS Issue on MacOS 14

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 10:05:55 -0700

I went into the terminal and I typed `emacs file`.

The warning was as follows:

```
2023-09-29 09:58:56.738 Emacs[5948:238435] WARNING: Secure coding is not enabled for restorable state! Enable secure coding by implementing NSApplicationDelegate.applicationSupportsSecureRestorableState: and returning YES.
```

Any launch of emacs, including `emacs -q`, triggers this. I found here
another application had to fix it on their end:
https://github.com/owncloud/client/issues/11191

In GNU Emacs 29.1.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin22.6.0, NS
appkit-2299.70 Version 13.5.2 (Build 22G91)) of 2023-09-16 built on
X-MBP.san.rr.com
Repository revision: 33ff4fed03d8cd869d35edd94f92b3fbb0a7c3aa
Repository branch: emacs-29
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2487
System Description:  macOS 14.0

Configured using:
'configure --with-native-compilation=aot --without-pop --with-ns
--with-tree-sitter --with-json 'CFLAGS=-O2 -pipe'
CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/opt/openjdk/bin:/usr/local/opt/openjdk/bin:/usr/local/opt/make/libexec/gnubin:/usr/local/opt/[email-masked]/libexec/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.11/bin:/usr/local/bin:/System/Cryptexes/App/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/Library/TeX/texbin:/Library/Apple/usr/bin:/var/run/com.apple.security.cryptexd/codex.system/bootstrap/usr/local/bin:/var/run/com.apple.security.cryptexd/codex.system/bootstrap/usr/bin:/var/run/com.apple.security.cryptexd/codex.system/bootstrap/usr/appleinternal/bin'

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Text

Minor modes in effect:
  override-global-mode: t
  windmove-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message yank-media puny rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util
text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils comp comp-cstr warnings icons
vc-git diff-mode vc-dispatcher hideshow rx all-the-icons-dired dired
dired-loaddefs all-the-icons all-the-icons-faces data-material
data-weathericons data-octicons data-fileicons data-faicons
data-alltheicons edmacro kmacro use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode
doom-themes-ext-org doom-themes-ext-visual-bell face-remap
doom-vibrant-theme doom-themes doom-themes-base exec-path-from-shell
cl-extra help-mode use-package-ensure use-package-core windmove winner
ring delsel autorevert filenotify all-the-icons-dired-autoloads
all-the-icons-autoloads dired-sidebar-autoloads dired-subtree-autoloads
dired-hacks-utils-autoloads info dash-autoloads doom-themes-autoloads
exec-path-from-shell-autoloads expand-region-autoloads package
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache
json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs
cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/ns-win ns-win
ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns lcms2
multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 187150 9406)
(symbols 48 11483 0)
(strings 32 40022 2045)
(string-bytes 1 1053304)
(vectors 16 22690)
(vector-slots 8 532536 14752)
(floats 8 641 34)
(intervals 56 269 0)
(buffers 984 12))