Subject: Re: Failed to build in QA

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2023 13:14:58 +0100

"[email-masked]" <[email-masked]> writes:

> On October 5, 2023 10:49:06 AM GMT+02:00, Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>>"[email-masked]" <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> I submitted an issue to guix. But QA refuses to build it [1]. I have
>>> no clue what the problem is, can anyone shed light on a possible
>>> resolution?
>>
>>You pretty much found the problem, the relevant line on the page you
>>linked to is:
>>
>>[  6/ 50] loading...	 24.0% of 25 filesbuilder for `/gnu/store/qhvpjfn3d9cwz5zxadblbnbqa92a8i27-guix-cli-core.drv' failed due to signal 11 (Segmentation fault)
>>
>>So the data service wasn't able to build Guix. This probably isn't due
>>to your changes, and it doesn't happen very often, so the thing to do
>>here is just retry.
>>
>>I've triggered QA to reapply the patches now (by deleting the
>>issue-66262 branch), so hopefully things will work better this time.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Chris
>
> Thanks very much, it seems to have worked, but now it's stuck with
> paraview undefined symbol, although the necessary module
> (gnu/packages/image-processing) is imported?

This is probably down to a top level circular dependency. In particular,
trying to paraview to compute the version to form part of the
native-search-path at the top level causes problems.

Making openfoam have LD_LIBRARY_PATH as a search path seems like the
incorrect use of search paths though, since you're searching for
something in the same package. Replacing this with wrapping would be an
improvement, although still I'm unsure why LD_LIBRARY_PATH would need
setting in this case.