Subject: bug#6626: 24.0.50; '(mouse-sel-mode t) customisation

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 12:53:05 +0200

Hello!

This customisation is invalid, I know, but I had it in root's init  
file. This lead to errors like:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "No symbol corresponding to  
PRIMARY selection")
   signal(error ("No symbol corresponding to PRIMARY selection"))
   error("No symbol corresponding to %s selection" PRIMARY)
   mouse-sel-selection-thing(PRIMARY)
   mouse-select-internal(PRIMARY (down-mouse-1 (#<window 7 on site- 
start.el> 90 (1 . 67) 57704767 nil 90 (0 . 4) nil (1 . 6) (6 . 11))))
   mouse-select((down-mouse-1 (#<window 7 on site-start.el> 90 (1 .  
67) 57704767 nil 90 (0 . 4) nil (1 . 6) (6 . 11))))
   call-interactively(mouse-select nil nil)

Having an init file with just the one setting as in the subject  
produced:

	mouse-sel-selection-overlay: No overlay corresponding to PRIMARY  
selection

when picking into the window, trying to position the cursor, or trying  
to select a word by double-clicking or dragging the mouse.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.2 (powerpc-apple-darwin9.8.0, X toolkit, Xaw3d  
scroll bars)
  of 2010-07-11 on Latsche.local
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version  
11.0.10899903
configured using `configure  '--without-sound' '--without-dbus' '-- 
without-pop' '--without-gconf' '--with-x-toolkit=athena' '--x- 
libraries=/usr/X11/lib' '--x-includes=/usr/X11/include' '--enable- 
locallisppath=/Library/Application Support/Emacs/calendar24:/Library/ 
Application Support/Emacs' 'CFLAGS=-g -H -Wno-pointer-sign -pipe -fPIC  
-fno-common -mcpu=7450 -mtune=7450 -faltivec -fast' 'CPPFLAGS='  
'LDFLAGS=' 'CC=gcc-4.2' 'CPP=cpp-4.2' 'PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/sw/lib/pango- 
ft219/lib/pkgconfig:/sw/lib/xft2/lib/pkgconfig:/sw/lib/fontconfig2/lib/ 
pkgconfig:/sw/lib/freetype219/lib/pkgconfig:/sw/lib/pkgconfig:/sw/ 
share/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/X11/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/X11/ 
share/pkgconfig''

Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
   value of $LC_CTYPE: de_DE.UTF-8
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
   default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
   mouse-sel-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <double-down-mouse-1>
C-x C-b <kp-enter> C-x k <return> n C-x C-b C-x o <down>
<down> f <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar>
<help-menu> <send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
Custom Set Variables
Loading mouse-sel...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
mouse-sel-selection-overlay: No overlay corresponding to PRIMARY  
selection [2 times]

--
Greetings

   Pete

Globalisation – communism from above.