Subject: [bug#66259] [PATCH 0/4] gnu: sdcc: Update to 4.3.0; other improvements.

From: Simon South <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 16:11:54 -0400

This patch series updates SDCC, a C compiler suite that targets a number of
8-bit microcontroller families, to version 4.3.0.

It also tries to improve the package by

- Updating and gently reformatting its definition; and

- Embedding a reference to the MCS-51 simulator from the ucsim package, which
  is invoked by SDCC's debugger and should therefore always be present
  alongside it.  (Previously the debugger, sdcdb, would always fail with an
  error message if the user hadn't also installed μCsim.)

I've tested these changes on AArch64 and x86-64 and all appears well.  (I
_have_ seen some intermittent build failures on x86-64, but I'm assuming for
the moment this is something specific to my machine.)

--
Simon South
[email-masked]

Simon South (4):
  gnu: sdcc: Update package style.
  gnu: sdcc: Adjust format.
  gnu: sdcc: Embed absolute reference to μCsim.
  gnu: sdcc: Update to 4.3.0.

 gnu/packages/embedded.scm                     |  74 ++--
 .../patches/sdcc-disable-non-free-code.patch  | 364 ++++++++++--------
 2 files changed, 240 insertions(+), 198 deletions(-)

base-commit: 3963fa1a465708690cd1554d911613f1c92f5eef
-- 
2.41.0