Subject: 30.0.50; [PATCH] Nontext mouse cursor as default

From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 19:09:44 +0200

Hi,

This patch sets the mouse cursor to nontext wherever you enter the
tool-bar or the tab-bar.

Best regards,
>From 404f0b845fdca62bf948ad86b9680dc653e037a4 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 19:05:10 +0200
Subject: [PATCH] Nontext mouse cursor as default on {tab|tool}-bar

* src/xdisp.c (note_mouse_highlight): Always set the mouse cursor to
nontext when entering tab-bar and tool-bar.
---
 src/xdisp.c | 9 ++++-----
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

diff --git a/src/xdisp.c b/src/xdisp.c
index f1980c4f20c..2c53527c25e 100644
--- a/src/xdisp.c
+++ b/src/xdisp.c
@@ -35544,12 +35544,10 @@ note_mouse_highlight (struct frame *f, int x, int y)
     {
       note_tab_bar_highlight (f, x, y);
       if (tab_bar__dragging_in_progress)
-	{
 	  cursor = FRAME_OUTPUT_DATA (f)->hand_cursor;
-	  goto set_cursor;
-	}
       else
-	return;
+	cursor = FRAME_OUTPUT_DATA (f)->nontext_cursor;
+      goto set_cursor;
     }
   else
     {
@@ -35567,7 +35565,8 @@ note_mouse_highlight (struct frame *f, int x, int y)
   if (EQ (window, f->tool_bar_window))
     {
       note_tool_bar_highlight (f, x, y);
-      return;
+      cursor = FRAME_OUTPUT_DATA (f)->nontext_cursor;
+      goto set_cursor;
     }
 #endif
 
-- 
2.40.0

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-unknown-openbsd7.3) of 2023-09-27
 built on computer
Repository revision: 695638203352a6943943acea559a572940e39be4
Repository branch: mgi/menu2
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101006
System Description: OpenBSD computer 7.3 GENERIC.MP#3 amd64

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/manuel/emacs --bindir=/home/manuel/bin
 --with-x-toolkit=no --with-toolkit-scroll-bars=no --without-cairo
 --without-sound --without-compress-install
 CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib'

Configured features:
DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2
LIBOTF LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE OLDXMENU PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3
THREADS TIFF TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XFT XIM XINPUT2 XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-dired-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-1.3.0/theme-loaddefs hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/theme-loaddefs

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug detached-shell log-edit pulse add-log
vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-cvs vc-rcs log-view pcvs-util smerge-mode
diff vc-dir ewoc pascal sh-script smie treesit executable conf-mode
org-indent org-agenda view warnings rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct
rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt
rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap sgml-mode
facemenu nxml-util nxml-enc xmltok mule-util org-element org-persist
org-id avl-tree oc-basic ol-eww ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus
nnselect ol-docview ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi
gnus-icalendar org-capture org-refile org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list
org-footnote org-faces org-entities ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval
org-cycle org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs
org-version org-compat org-macs paredit on-screen eww url-queue mm-url
imenu doc-view jka-compr image-mode exif gnus-dired whitespace vc-git
diff-mode vc-svn vc vc-dispatcher bug-reference time battery cus-load
exwm-randr xcb-randr exwm-config ido exwm exwm-input xcb-keysyms xcb-xkb
exwm-manage exwm-floating xcb-cursor xcb-render exwm-layout
exwm-workspace exwm-core xcb-ewmh xcb-icccm xcb xcb-xproto xcb-types
xcb-debug server modus-operandi-theme modus-themes zone speed-type
url-http url-auth url-gw nsm compat ytdious mingus libmpdee reporter
edebug debug backtrace detached-init detached autorevert filenotify
transmission color calc-bin calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs rect calc-macs
supercite regi ebdb-message ebdb-gnus gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku
url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus gnus-cloud
nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
message sendmail yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg rfc6068
epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win ebdb-mua ebdb-com crm
ebdb-format ebdb mailabbrev eieio-opt speedbar ezimage dframe find-func
eieio-base pcase timezone icalendar gnus nnheader gnus-util mail-utils
range mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit visual-basic-mode cl web-mode derived
disp-table erlang-start smart-tabs-mode skeleton cc-mode cc-fonts
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
slime-asdf grep slime-tramp tramp rx trampver tramp-integration files-x
tramp-message tramp-compat xdg shell pcomplete parse-time iso8601
time-date format-spec tramp-loaddefs slime-fancy slime-indentation
slime-cl-indent cl-indent slime-trace-dialog slime-fontifying-fu
slime-package-fu slime-references slime-compiler-notes-tree advice
slime-scratch slime-presentations bridge slime-macrostep macrostep
slime-mdot-fu slime-enclosing-context slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace
slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc
slime-repl slime-parse slime apropos compile text-property-search etags
fileloop generator xref project arc-mode archive-mode noutline outline
icons pp comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring hyperspec thingatpt
slime-autoloads edmacro kmacro use-package-bind-key bind-key appt
diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs dired-x
dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs notifications dbus xml cl-extra help-mode
use-package-core repeat easy-mmode desktop frameset debbugs-autoloads
detached-autoloads ebdb-autoloads ef-themes-autoloads exwm-autoloads
hyperbole-autoloads magit-autoloads git-commit-autoloads finder-inf
magit-section-autoloads dash-autoloads on-screen-autoloads osm-autoloads
paredit-autoloads request-autoloads rust-mode-autoloads s-autoloads
speed-type-autoloads transmission-autoloads tree-mode-autoloads
with-editor-autoloads info compat-autoloads ytdious-autoloads package
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache
json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs
cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode
register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind kqueue lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 736470 143815) (symbols 48 57376 2)
 (strings 32 182633 14682) (string-bytes 1 5798563)
 (vectors 16 108087) (vector-slots 8 2214074 188247)
 (floats 8 582 377) (intervals 56 26979 1264) (buffers 992 62))

-- 
Manuel Giraud