Subject: bug#66243: closed (Re: bug#66243: 30.0.50; [PATCH] Nontext mouse cursor as default)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2023 07:38:01 +0000

Your bug report

#66243: 30.0.50; [PATCH] Nontext mouse cursor as default

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
66243: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=66243
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#66243: 30.0.50; [PATCH] Nontext mouse cursor as default
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2023 10:36:52 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
> Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 08:04:45 +0800
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > If this affects all the configurations, I wonder why we didn't do that
> > before.  Are there perhaps some caveats here?  Po Lu, do you have any
> > idea why we didn't behave like that before?
> 
> Likely an omission borne out of negligence.  Manuel's patch LGTM, thanks.

Thanks, installed, and closing the bug.

Subject: 30.0.50; [PATCH] Nontext mouse cursor as default
From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 19:09:44 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

This patch sets the mouse cursor to nontext wherever you enter the
tool-bar or the tab-bar.

Best regards,
>From 404f0b845fdca62bf948ad86b9680dc653e037a4 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 19:05:10 +0200
Subject: [PATCH] Nontext mouse cursor as default on {tab|tool}-bar

* src/xdisp.c (note_mouse_highlight): Always set the mouse cursor to
nontext when entering tab-bar and tool-bar.
---
 src/xdisp.c | 9 ++++-----
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

diff --git a/src/xdisp.c b/src/xdisp.c
index f1980c4f20c..2c53527c25e 100644
--- a/src/xdisp.c
+++ b/src/xdisp.c
@@ -35544,12 +35544,10 @@ note_mouse_highlight (struct frame *f, int x, int y)
     {
       note_tab_bar_highlight (f, x, y);
       if (tab_bar__dragging_in_progress)
-	{
 	  cursor = FRAME_OUTPUT_DATA (f)->hand_cursor;
-	  goto set_cursor;
-	}
       else
-	return;
+	cursor = FRAME_OUTPUT_DATA (f)->nontext_cursor;
+      goto set_cursor;
     }
   else
     {
@@ -35567,7 +35565,8 @@ note_mouse_highlight (struct frame *f, int x, int y)
   if (EQ (window, f->tool_bar_window))
     {
       note_tool_bar_highlight (f, x, y);
-      return;
+      cursor = FRAME_OUTPUT_DATA (f)->nontext_cursor;
+      goto set_cursor;
     }
 #endif
 
-- 
2.40.0

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-unknown-openbsd7.3) of 2023-09-27
 built on computer
Repository revision: 695638203352a6943943acea559a572940e39be4
Repository branch: mgi/menu2
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101006
System Description: OpenBSD computer 7.3 GENERIC.MP#3 amd64

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/manuel/emacs --bindir=/home/manuel/bin
 --with-x-toolkit=no --with-toolkit-scroll-bars=no --without-cairo
 --without-sound --without-compress-install
 CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib'

Configured features:
DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2
LIBOTF LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE OLDXMENU PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3
THREADS TIFF TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XFT XIM XINPUT2 XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-dired-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-1.3.0/theme-loaddefs hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/theme-loaddefs

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug detached-shell log-edit pulse add-log
vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-cvs vc-rcs log-view pcvs-util smerge-mode
diff vc-dir ewoc pascal sh-script smie treesit executable conf-mode
org-indent org-agenda view warnings rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct
rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt
rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap sgml-mode
facemenu nxml-util nxml-enc xmltok mule-util org-element org-persist
org-id avl-tree oc-basic ol-eww ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus
nnselect ol-docview ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi
gnus-icalendar org-capture org-refile org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list
org-footnote org-faces org-entities ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval
org-cycle org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs
org-version org-compat org-macs paredit on-screen eww url-queue mm-url
imenu doc-view jka-compr image-mode exif gnus-dired whitespace vc-git
diff-mode vc-svn vc vc-dispatcher bug-reference time battery cus-load
exwm-randr xcb-randr exwm-config ido exwm exwm-input xcb-keysyms xcb-xkb
exwm-manage exwm-floating xcb-cursor xcb-render exwm-layout
exwm-workspace exwm-core xcb-ewmh xcb-icccm xcb xcb-xproto xcb-types
xcb-debug server modus-operandi-theme modus-themes zone speed-type
url-http url-auth url-gw nsm compat ytdious mingus libmpdee reporter
edebug debug backtrace detached-init detached autorevert filenotify
transmission color calc-bin calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs rect calc-macs
supercite regi ebdb-message ebdb-gnus gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku
url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus gnus-cloud
nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
message sendmail yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg rfc6068
epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win ebdb-mua ebdb-com crm
ebdb-format ebdb mailabbrev eieio-opt speedbar ezimage dframe find-func
eieio-base pcase timezone icalendar gnus nnheader gnus-util mail-utils
range mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit visual-basic-mode cl web-mode derived
disp-table erlang-start smart-tabs-mode skeleton cc-mode cc-fonts
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
slime-asdf grep slime-tramp tramp rx trampver tramp-integration files-x
tramp-message tramp-compat xdg shell pcomplete parse-time iso8601
time-date format-spec tramp-loaddefs slime-fancy slime-indentation
slime-cl-indent cl-indent slime-trace-dialog slime-fontifying-fu
slime-package-fu slime-references slime-compiler-notes-tree advice
slime-scratch slime-presentations bridge slime-macrostep macrostep
slime-mdot-fu slime-enclosing-context slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace
slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc
slime-repl slime-parse slime apropos compile text-property-search etags
fileloop generator xref project arc-mode archive-mode noutline outline
icons pp comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring hyperspec thingatpt
slime-autoloads edmacro kmacro use-package-bind-key bind-key appt
diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs dired-x
dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs notifications dbus xml cl-extra help-mode
use-package-core repeat easy-mmode desktop frameset debbugs-autoloads
detached-autoloads ebdb-autoloads ef-themes-autoloads exwm-autoloads
hyperbole-autoloads magit-autoloads git-commit-autoloads finder-inf
magit-section-autoloads dash-autoloads on-screen-autoloads osm-autoloads
paredit-autoloads request-autoloads rust-mode-autoloads s-autoloads
speed-type-autoloads transmission-autoloads tree-mode-autoloads
with-editor-autoloads info compat-autoloads ytdious-autoloads package
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache
json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs
cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode
register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind kqueue lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 736470 143815) (symbols 48 57376 2)
 (strings 32 182633 14682) (string-bytes 1 5798563)
 (vectors 16 108087) (vector-slots 8 2214074 188247)
 (floats 8 582 377) (intervals 56 26979 1264) (buffers 992 62))

-- 
Manuel Giraud