Subject: Fail to build guix documentation

From: Gabriel Hondet <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2023 22:51:30 +0200

Hello,

I was trying to setup guix following the steps given in
https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Building-from-Git.html

I already have the Guix package manager installed, so, in the checked
out repository, I enter a suitable shell using `guix shell -D guix
help2man git strace guile --pure`.

Then if I run `make`, the process fails and prints out

    make[2]: Entering directory '/home/g/src/guix'
    MAKEINFO doc/guix.de.info
    contributing.de.texi:1571: @menu reference to nonexistent node
    `Configuring Git'
    contributing.de.texi:1572: @menu reference to nonexistent node
    `Sending a Patch Series'
    make[2]: *** [Makefile:4977: doc/guix.de.info] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/g/src/guix'
    make[1]: *** [Makefile:6096: all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/g/src/guix'
    make: *** [Makefile:4210: all] Error 2

while I was expecting nothing but a 0 return code.

For context, I use the Guix package manager (commit
c173819c8e5235ce02d60b79bd88b10023a7c614) on top of Void Linux.

Cheers,
Gabriel