Subject: bug#66213: closed (Re: bug#66213: named columns in org tables)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 17:18:02 +0000

Your bug report

#66213: named columns in org tables

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
66213: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=66213
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#66213: named columns in org tables
From: Corwin Brust <[email-masked]>
To: Paul Stansell <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 12:16:32 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Paul,

On Wed, Sep 27, 2023 at 11:24 AM Paul Stansell <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> This bug can be closed as it's an org mode problem, not an emacs problem.  See
> - https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2023-09/msg00453.html
>

You can close bugs yourself by injecting "done" into the email address
for the bug; in this case, sending to [email-masked]

I've added to the TO line, so I believe that should close the bug.

Corwin

> Thanks,
> Paul

Subject: named columns in org tables
From: Paul Stansell <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2023 12:06:14 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

On this page https://orgmode.org/manual/Advanced-features.html
it says

- '!' :: The fields in this line define names for the columns, so that you
may refer to a column
         as '$Tot' instead of '$6'.

However, when I experimented with this I found that the first of the
following two tables works (in that the empty cells are filled in
correctly), but the second doesn't (the only difference is the replacement
of $4 with $c3 in the second table):

|---+----+----+----|
| ! | c1 | c2 | c3 |
| # |  1 |  2 |    |
| # |  3 |  4 |    |
|---+----+----+----|
#+TBLFM: $4 = $c1 + $c2

|---+----+----+----|
| ! | c1 | c2 | c3 |
| # |  1 |  2 |    |
| # |  3 |  4 |    |
|---+----+----+----|
#+TBLFM: $c3 = $c1 + $c2

Is this a bug?

I'm using Org mode version 9.7-pre (release_9.6.9-797-g4d0f89)

Thanks,

Paul

=================================================

In GNU Emacs 28.2 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.37,
cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2023-03-16, modified by Debian built on lcy02-amd64-035
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101007
System Description: Ubuntu 23.04

Configured using:
 'configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/libexec
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-libsystemd --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/28.2/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/28.2/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-sound=alsa --without-gconf --with-mailutils
 --with-native-compilation --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/libexec
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-libsystemd --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/28.2/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/28.2/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-sound=alsa --without-gconf --with-mailutils
 --with-native-compilation --with-cairo --with-x=yes
 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
 -ffile-prefix-map=/build/emacs-ezKr5Y/emacs-28.2+1=.
-fstack-protector-strong
 -Wformat -Werror=format-security
 -fdebug-prefix-map=/build/emacs-ezKr5Y/emacs-28.2+1=/usr/src/emacs-1:28.2+1-13ubuntu3
 -Wall' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2'
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES
NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_GB.utf8
  value of $LC_TIME: C
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug comp comp-cstr warnings sendmail
org-element avl-tree generator ol-eww eww xdg url-queue thingatpt mm-url
ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-search eieio-opt
cl-extra help-mode speedbar ezimage dframe gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum shr kinsoku svg dom browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util url-parse url-vars mailcap gnus-group gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7
netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rmc puny
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums text-property-search mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit
ol-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode exif dired dired-loaddefs
ol-bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi org ob ob-tangle ob-ref
ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint
org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color ring org-list org-faces
org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-table oc-basic json map bibtex iso8601 time-date
subr-x ol rx org-keys oc seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv
org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice
button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 252944 13069)
 (symbols 48 20516 1)
 (strings 32 72523 3396)
 (string-bytes 1 2390881)
 (vectors 16 38271)
 (vector-slots 8 672822 27433)
 (floats 8 310 94)
 (intervals 56 405 0)
 (buffers 992 14))