Subject: Re: 23.0.60; Constant recentering with scroll-margin set

From: Ralf Angeli <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 20:32:12 +0200

* Ralf Angeli (2008-08-07) writes:

> It could also be that this has to be fixed in Gnus.  I'm not sure, but I
> remember that there was a similar issue back in 2005 where some changes
> hat to be made in `gnus-article-next-page' and related functions in
> order to deal with some changes in the handling of `scroll-margin'.

Okay, the problem is the statement
(move-to-window-line -1)
in `gnus-article-next-page'.  If `scroll-margin' is set and greater than
0 it will lead to a recentering.  This is usually countered by
`gnus-article-next-page-1', but not at the end of an article where
`gnus-article-next-page-1' will not be called.

The problem can be circumvented by changing the above statement to
(move-to-window-line (- -1 scroll-margin))

Let me know if the recentering behavior will stay like it is now, then I
can report this to the Gnus maintainers.

-- 
Ralf