Subject: Re: 23.0.60; Constant recentering with scroll-margin set

From: Ralf Angeli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 20:41:50 +0200

* Ralf Angeli (2008-08-07) writes:

> * Chong Yidong (2008-08-07) writes:
>
>> Actually, I see the bug now.  I've made some changes to CVS that ought
>> to fix it.  Does it work for you now?
>
> It's better, but it doesn't seem to be totally fixed.  There is still
> some recentering happening when scrolling a long article in Gnus.  If
> you type <RET> to scroll, the bottom of the article will be reached
> eventually and once this happens, the buffer will be recentered and the
> last line jumps to the middle of the window.

It could also be that this has to be fixed in Gnus.  I'm not sure, but I
remember that there was a similar issue back in 2005 where some changes
hat to be made in `gnus-article-next-page' and related functions in
order to deal with some changes in the handling of `scroll-margin'.

-- 
Ralf