Subject: Re: bug#66188: 29.1; Include Atom feed reader

From: Daniel Semyonov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2024 21:41:57 +0300

>>>>> Eric Abrahamsen writes:

    > Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
    >> Ping! Ping!  Eric, any comments?

    > Yes, let's do it! My only comment right now is that the manual should
    > explicitly list the steps for creating an atom group: "B nnatom RET" and
    > insert URL without protocol. I still have dreams of fixing the group
    > creation code to prompt for the address, but that can wait.

    > Daniel, would you make that addition?

Does the following text (in the 'Atom' subsection of the Gnus manual)
not suffice?

  The ‘nnatom’ back end allows you to add HTTP or local Atom feeds as
  Gnus servers (with a single group), as you would with any other method,
  by supplying the location of the feed as the server address.  Note,
  however, that the server address shouldn't be prefixed with <http://> or
  <https://>.

    > Do you have push access to the Emacs repo?

I do not.

Daniel