Subject: bug#66173: Package unknown-horizons fails during build process

From: Simon South <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 10:50:48 -0500

Liliana, 宋文武:

Are you interested in reviewing these patches?  Unfortunately I
neglected to CC the games team when posting them.

They fix the build of Unknown Horizons in master.

https://issues.guix.gnu.org/66173

-- 
Simon South
[email-masked]

-------------------- Start of forwarded message --------------------
Subject: bug#66173: [PATCH 0/2] unknown-horizons: Fix build, runtime errors
To: [email-masked]
From: Simon South <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu,  4 Jan 2024 15:33:54 -0500

This patch series fixes unknown-horizons, a real-time strategy game,
by applying upstream commits that allow the game and its engine to
build and run using recent versions of Python.

This also resolves issue #54815, "Unknown Horizons 2019.1 fails to
start"[0].

I've tested this on AArch64 and x86-64 and everything seems fine: The
game starts as expected using

  ./pre-inst-env guix shell unknown-horizons -- unknown-horizons

--
Simon South
[email-masked]

[0] https://issues.guix.gnu.org/54815

Simon South (2):
  gnu: fifengine: Fix runtime error when using Python 3.9 or newer.
  gnu: unknown-horizons: Fix build and runtime errors.

 gnu/local.mk                                  |  3 +
 gnu/packages/games.scm                        |  7 +-
 .../patches/fifengine-python-3.9-compat.patch | 81 +++++++++++++++++++
 .../unknown-horizons-python-3.10.patch        | 32 ++++++++
 .../patches/unknown-horizons-python-3.9.patch | 41 ++++++++++
 5 files changed, 162 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/fifengine-python-3.9-compat.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/unknown-horizons-python-3.10.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/unknown-horizons-python-3.9.patch

base-commit: 3c1f25fc7b3cd1942c33a48e71697f94c4c86bc2
-- 
2.41.0

-------------------- End of forwarded message --------------------